Share of Ukrainian army's private arms suppliers grows to 55% in 2017

Ukrainian Military Pages

"In 2014, [state-run] Ukroboronprom accounted for 60% and more [with the share of private companies being 40%], it already has 45% this year [leaving the remaining 55% for the private sector].

That was reported by UNIAN.

It means that the private sector's share has increased," Deputy Director of the ministry's strategic planning and international cooperation department Vladyslav Shostak said at hearings at the parliament's National Security and Defense Committee.

The total sum of the country's state defense order was UAH 8 billion, or US$297 million, in 2017, he said.

"Next year about UAH 10 billion [some US$335 million] will be earmarked for us to buy weapons," he said.