The Artillery Detachment Automated Control Vehicle (1B25-1/1B25-2) is a mobile command-and-observation post for artillery detachment and is sntended for use as part of a MT&A facility.
Developed by LORTA Lviv State Plant SE.
Chasis can be produced in both full-track (self-propelled arillery pieces) and wheeled (trailer-mounted artillery pieces) options.
The Artillery Detachment Automated Control Vehicles 1B25-1 and 1B25-2 are part of the Obolon-A automated control complex.
This control vehicle in conjunction with other control vehicle (1B25-1 or 1B25-2), vehicle of the Chief of Staff of the Division 1B26-2 and vehicle senior officers of batteries 1B26-1 provides control of combat operations of the division.
This artillery detachment control vehicle is intended for the automatic execution of the following tasks:
- Collecting data about artillery detachments;
- Obtaining operational instructions and orders from the artillery senior officer;
- Communicating the firing tasks p;anned and operational instructions to the artillery battalions units;
- Determining ones own location and reference direction grid azimuths on continuous basis, performing the command-and-observation post location survey;
- Carrying out reconnaissance by observation, determining range and azimuth, and hostile target location;
- Arranging the preparation control for firing on targets, artillery barrage types, fire adjustments using various methods, and the determination of firing settings;
- Providing the fire control when firing at targets/columns, and controlling barrage types and spotting.