T-72 AMT, an upgraded version of the T-72 main battle tank, was developed at the Kyiv Armored Plant SE based in Ukraine.
Improved mobility by:
- higher-power engine with a higher operating temperature performance;
- new drivetrain assemblies;
- automated digital engine/drivetrain control system;
- equipment for fording deep water without special preparation.
Increased firepower by:
- new tank gun with improved ballistic and operation performance;
- modern fire control system, increasing its day-and-night range and accuracy;
- new equipment for firing guided missiles - 5 km range.
Inceased armor system:
- electronic countermeasure equipment;
- quick-acting fire suppression system;
Improved habitability by:
- digital radio station with secure communication channels;
- new air conditioner.
Improved maintainability by:
- unit for mobile power plant replacement;
- gun with quick-change barrel;
- diagnostic equipment.