The article substantiates the relevance of the study of the design features of armored combat vehicles (ACV) of the MRAP type, military science and scientific and technical support for improving the security of military automotive equipment (MAE). An analysis of the scientific and methodological basis of such papers and informational sources has been conducted.
The following has been considered:
- the main constructive differences of the ACV in the provision of anti-fouling protection;
- analysis of the influence of the reserving of the MAE on the traction-velocity properties of ACV;
- the main criteria for the development of ACV, which take into account the experience of conducting military operations, the role and place of modern ACV of MRAP type, the development of the concept of manufacturing, layout schemes, tactical and technical characteristics, opportunities for the development of ACV by production units of the military-industrial complex (MIC), domestic developments and achievements in armored defense of light-armored vehicles (LAV), where the methods of armoring are analyzed, the best among them are determined by the results of improvement; the main parameters of armored carriers ACV of MRAP type and their classification by weight and dimensions;
- the peculiarities of the approach to the provision of MRAP type ACV protective membrane protection; the classification of armor protection levels according to the standards used and their main characteristics;
- main tactical and technical characteristics of the MRAP type ACV, their design features, methods of use, weapons used and ways of their further improvement and development.
It is proposed to expand the nomenclature of the MRAP type ACV when providing them to the Armed Forces of Ukraine, to use the experience of South Africa, NATO member countries, Russia and Kazakhstan for the manufacture of new samples, which, on the one hand, meet the requirements for armored protection, traction and speed properties and, on the other hand, meet NATO standards, taking into account domestic scientific developments and practical experience in armoring.
Sorry, this entry is only available in Ukrainian.